The benefits of
massage are varied
As an accepted part of many rehabilitation programs, massage therapy has also proven beneficial for many chronic conditions, including low back pain, arthritis, bursitis, fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, immunity suppression, smoking cessation, depression, and more. As many people will attest, massage also helps relieve the stress and tension of everyday living that can lead to disease and illness.
If you have any questions about your massage call us at 419-586-6688 before your appointment or ask any questions during your visit.
What you can expect
- A trained, licensed massage therapist will give your massage.
- Showering or bathing before a massage makes the experience more pleasurable for you.
- You will be asked some general health questions which will enable your therapist to give you a more effective and enjoyable massage.
- Your massage will take place on a table designed for stability and comfort. Your session will take place in a warm and comfortable environment.
- For a full body massage, many people undress completely, this makes it easier for the therapist to work more effectively in the necessary areas. You are draped at all times, except for the areas being worked on. (Some clients choose to wear underwear or boxer shorts.) Client comfort and modesty are our utmost priority.
- Your therapist will leave the room while you undress, remove all your jewelry and relax on the table, covering yourself with a fresh sheet and blanket.
- Light oils or creams, which are good for your skin, are used to facilitate soothing massage strokes. Some types of massage require no lubricant and you may remain clothed.
- Heat or analgesic balms may be used to help relax muscles.
- Massage on healthy tissue feels good. Your therapist is able to adjust to the pressure that is best suited for you. Your input is imperative in order to give you a more effective massage. Please communicate any desired pressure changes or sensitivities.
- Feel free to converse, ask questions or remain silent during your massage.
- After your massage your therapist will leave the room and then you will dress. Depending on the type of massage done, you will feel very relaxed. Give yourself a moment to reorient before slowly getting up from the table.
- Drink plenty of water following your massage.
- If you have any questions about your massage always feel free to call us at 419-586-6688 before your appointment or ask any questions during your visit.